Thursday, September 30, 2010

Parent Meeting

Thanks for visiting my classroom blog! I am really excited about starting this, and I look forward to keeping my parents in better touch with me, and what I do with your children on a daily/weekly basis. 


Tonight was the parent meeting-- thanks again for all who came! It was great to see you. If anyone who was not there this evening who has any questions or needs anything from me, please don't hesitate to ask. 


Weekly plans will be put up over the weekend, for the following week. I will most likely post daily, and try to update this as much as possible. 


Week of October 4-8
Theme: Community Helpers
Social Learning Goal: Fire Safety Rules
Academic Learning Goal: AB Pattern Making, Letter 'r', spanish words: negro (black) and aydante (helper) 


  • Field Trip to the Fire Station: Wednesday 9:10-10:30 
  • Reminder: Music starts this week! 


Circle Activities (songs): 
I'm a Police Officer  Sung to: "I'm a little Teapot"
I'm a police officer
With my star,
I help people
Near and far.
If you have a problem,
Call on me,
And I will be there
One, two, three!

Five Friendly Firefighters 
Five friendly firefighters standing near the door,
One washes the fire engine, now there are four.
Four friendly firefighters waiting patiently,
One fixes the hoses, now there are three.
Three friendly firefighters have a lot to do,
One climbs up a ladder, now there are two.
Two friendly firefighters exercise
 and run,
One cooks some dinner, now there is one.
One friendly firefighter-all the work is done,
This one goes to bed, now there are none.

Books: 
Stop Drop and Roll by Margery Cuyler 
The House in the Meadow by Shutta Crum 
The Village Garage by G. Brian Karas 
One Day at Wood Green Animal Shelter by Patricia Casey 
What People All Day? by Richard Scarry 
Mommies at Work by Eve Merriam 
I Can Do Anything! by Jerry Spinelli 

Ariann's Project: 
Chef Hats 
Ladder Treats  
Community Helper Picture 


Julie's Project: Egg Carton Fire Trucks 
Karla's Project: A Visit to the Sesame St. Firehouse and dramatic play 

No comments:

Post a Comment